CONTRACT PERIOD: 9-month
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 10, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Teaching Vocational Agriculture Education courses and being active in the Ag Education program.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach 27-30 credit hours (Fall and Spring) for the Vocational Agricultural Education program and other closely related areas.
- Advise students in the major.
- Organize contests associated with the Ag Department. This includes, but is not limited to, the Annual OPSU Interscholastics Competition.
- Serve as Collegiate FFA Advisor.
- Serve on the Teacher Education Council and state committees associated with Agricultural Education.
- The candidate must be familiar with public school education, evaluate teacher education candidate portfolios, and submit program accreditation and assessment reports.
- Supervise Ag Education student teachers.
- Recruit students to the College of Agriculture, Science, and Nursing programs by visiting schools/campuses, attending camps and national livestock shows and conventions, and utilizing internet-recruiting initiatives.
- Must have a strong work ethic and lead by example.
- Must be a professional, credible and respected representative of the institution internally and in the community
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to act ethically and socially responsible
- Must be able to lift more than 20-lb. objects; frequent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous manner
- Other duties as assigned by Dean of Agriculture, Science, and Nursing or designee
The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s required, PhD preferred, in Agriculture Education or a closely related field.
- Applicant must have 18 graduate hours in Agriculture Education or a closely related field.
COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT
OPSU is an AA/EE/E-Verify employer committed to diversity.