In 2019, the U.S. Department of Education designated the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design as an Emerging Hispanic-Serving Institution. In continued support of our increasing Latinx population and their families, MIAD seeks candidates for a full-time Bilingual Admissions Counselor to join our team with an anticipated start date in August 2021. The Bilingual Admissions Counselor participates in the execution of recruitment activities for all students with a special emphasis on supporting the families of our Latinx students, including successful management of assigned territories. Activities include: representing the College at high schools, college fairs, and portfolio days, conducting on‐campus interviews and tours, reviewing portfolios of visual art, and timely processing of inquiry/applicant data. Requires ability to travel independently, both regionally and nationally. Weekend and evening work is required.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Implement recruitment strategies as outlined in the Admissions Recruitment Plan in assigned geographic territories including high school visits, college fairs, national portfolio days, and events.
- Manage territories for funnel recruitment through college information presentations at on- and off-campus events and through campus tours. Travel, including significant seasonal travel, is expected.
- Assist all prospective students and families with a special emphasis on supporting our Latinx population when possible.
- Serve on enrollment and scholarship committees.
- Analyze data related to recruitment, enrollment projections, travel management, funnel management, special events, and professional development.
- Manage and maintain data concerning communication of prospective students during the admissions cycle, high school/community college faculty, school visits and recruitment territories.
- Assist in the execution of special events in conjunction with the goals and objectives of the Office of Admissions and the college.
- Advise students and families with thorough knowledge of the college’s admission requirements, financial aid and scholarship information, and residence life.
- Conduct follow-up with prospective students at all levels of the admissions funnel via phone, written and electronic communication and campus visits.
- Review admissions applications, evaluate applicants, and make admission recommendations to the Director of Admissions.
- Routinely engage faculty, enrolled students, and staff to ensure that all admissions information is current and accurate.
- Maintain a working environment that is respectful and inclusive of the diverse backgrounds of students, faculty, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; BA or BFA in visual art or art-related field strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required. Must be able to accurately speak, read, and write in English and Spanish and be able to interpret effectively for Spanish-speaking parents and students.
- Experience in higher education, recruitment or sales preferred.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, and Internet use; knowledge of social media management; and comfort with managing applications through CRM system.
- Ability to recognize and protect confidential information in accordance with FERPA and exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy in handling sensitive information and situations.
- Must have ability to travel utilizing multiple forms of transportation. Additionally, must maintain a valid driver’s license have reliable access to a vehicle.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service with a welcoming and proactive approach to answering questions and providing support and strong communication skills to express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Application Process and Deadline:
Qualified applicants should submit the following information in one (1) pdf document via email to: email@example.com
- A letter of interest/cover letter
- A resume
- Three (3) professional reference names and contact information.
Initial review of candidates will occur after July 19, 2021 and will continue until the position has been filled.
MIAD offers an attractive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance. All final candidates extended an offer must successfully complete reference and background checks.
MIAD Employment Opportunities