This job is archived
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Department of Biological Sciences invites applications for a full-time Visiting Lecturer to start in Fall 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to be involved in coordinating and instructing courses for Biology majors including Junior-level Microbiology lecture and laboratory and Senior/Graduate-level Immunology laboratory. The position includes service contributions to the Department and the University. The position is full time for a 9-month academic year, including benefits.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Earned doctorate in biology or related discipline (must have at the time of application)
- Evidence of research experience at the postdoctoral level
- Evidence of experience and dedication to teaching biology to biology, or other science majors, at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- Specific preference will be given to those who have experience teaching biology to biology and other science majors at the undergraduate graduate level
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by March 1, 2022 will be considered in the first review of candidates. However, later applications may be considered for these positions. The position will close after an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following required documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of teaching: (e.g. syllabus, course description, class evaluation, etc.) Please upload all evidence of teaching documents into one file.
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.