IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a Campus Nurse to be primarily accountable to provide health care services to students. This position also assists in the development of campus wide health initiatives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide treatment of minor injuries and illnesses.
- Triage health needs to include referral to medical care, counseling services, and/or community resources
- Provide confidential health counseling
- Provide health guidance for students living with chronic illness/disability
- Educate the students and staff to become an independent health consumer
- Anticipate up-and-coming health issues including immediate response to such problems as allergic reactions, severe asthma, diabetic crises, drug overdoses, and head and spinal injuries.
- Serve as a liaison between parents, doctors, and students in medical matters
- Screen student health history forms, upload to HER, and initiate appropriate follow-up on indicated health problems
- Follow guidelines and protocols for the administration of medicines, immunizations.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of nursing care given to students.
- Maintain inventory control of clinical supplies and order as needed.
- Collaborate with local health department on initiatives.
- Work with Nurse Practitioner.
- Maintain student health records in EHR (electronic health record) system.
- Assist with response to any pandemics level situations
- Supervision of shared graduate assistant
- Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completed all requirements for RN certification in approved program BSN required, MSN preferred. 3+ years of experience as an RN strongly preferred.
- Iowa licensure as RN in good standing with the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- BCLS and ALS and First Aid certification
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to interact with students in a caring and professional manner.
- Must work cooperatively with students, staff, and faculty
- Must be a team player.
- Must display absolute discretion in dealing with medical, fiscal and personnel information.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.