Psychology Tenure-Track Faculty
Position Number: F00193
Salary for Announcement: The salary range for this position is $51,000 – $60,000 at Assistant Professor level. The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, education, experience, specialty and training. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting
Employee Category: Faculty-CAT I
Department: Psychological Sciences
The Department of Psychological Sciences at Metropolitan State University of Denver invites applications for a tenure-track position in clinical/counseling psychology at the assistant professor level, to begin in Fall 2022. We particularly welcome applications from candidates who are ABD/recent PhD recipients; candidates from underrepresented groups; candidates who have experience working with diverse populations; and candidates who have a passion for teaching and engaging undergraduate students.
The teaching load typically consists of 4 courses per semester, including both in-person and online formats, with a first-year reduced teaching load of 3/3. Teaching opportunities include undergraduate courses such as Abnormal Psychology, Positive Psychology, Introduction to Clinical & Counseling Psychology, Theories of Personality, Applied Behavior Analysis, Introductory Psychology, Statistics, and Research Methods. Other responsibilities include engaging in scholarly activities; advising students; and performing departmental, college, and professional service. Faculty are on 9-month contracts with optional summer teaching.
MSU Denver offers internal support for research, opportunities for intra- and inter-departmental collaborations, and excellent fringe benefits including tuition benefits for employee, spouse, and dependents. Of all the higher education institutions in Colorado, our university serves the largest number of Hispanic/Latina/o/x students, representing 31% of MSU Denver’s student body. Come join our diverse and friendly university!
Candidates must have earned a doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology by the time of appointment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of the doctoral degree and a background check.
In-person and/or online teaching experience in undergraduate psychology courses such as Abnormal Psychology, Positive Psychology, Introduction to Clinical & Counseling Psychology, Theories of Personality, Applied Behavior Analysis, Introductory Psychology, Statistics, and Research Methods. Recent published research in refereed psychology-related journals. Ability to involve undergraduate students in research. Clinical experience, including licensure (or pursuit of licensure). BCBA certification (or pursuit of certification). Commitment to equity, inclusion, and the success of students with diverse identities. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every preferred qualification. We are most interested in finding the candidate who will best contribute to our Department and University. That candidate may come from a less traditional background. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Posting Date: 09/07/2021
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM MST will receive full consideration. The position is open until filled. All applicants must submit an application and the documents outlined below through our online system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the applicant must have a complete file with the following:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Teaching Philosophy. Refers to a 1-2 page narrative that describes the values, beliefs, and goals you apply to teaching and learning. Your statement may include descriptions of your teaching methods, how you assess student learning, and how you evaluate your own efficacy as an instructor.
4. Diversity Statement. Equity, inclusion, and the success of students with diverse identities are core to the mission of our Department and University. In the section labeled “Other Document,” please submit a diversity statement that details your ability to meaningfully contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion. While not an exhaustive list, applicants can demonstrate their abilities through lived experiences, personal identities, curriculum, teaching pedagogy, research, service contributions, etc.
5. Writing Sample. Refers to a professional publication or other scholarly work that you have authored.
6. Unofficial Transcripts of highest degree received. Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
7. References. Provide a list of three individuals who will each submit a letter of recommendation. Please note that each letter of recommendation must be submitted from the recommending person directly to search committee chair, Dr. Randi Smith, in order for your application to be considered complete. They may be sent either via email (preferred method), or by fax or mail. The email, fax, and/or mailing address below are the ones you must use for your letters to be received and considered. email: email@example.com fax: [Register to View]
Mailing Address: Dr. Randi Smith, Search Committee Chair – Search F 193 Department of Psychological Sciences, Metropolitan State University of Denver, P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 54, Denver, CO 80217-3362
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our prospective teammates are our highest priority and as an institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination on file for all employees.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or to submit an exemption and be subject to following the COVID-19 safety protocols. As an employee of MSU Denver, an exemption or lack of proof of vaccination will require you to submit to weekly COVID-19 testing starting the week of August 23, 2021. Additionally, all institutions on campus are requiring that masks be worn indoors regardless of your vaccination status.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/17326
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency