JOB SUMMARY: New Jersey City University, Department of Counselor Education invites applications for a full-time tenure-track School Counseling faculty position for our CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health/School Counseling Program at the Assistant/Associate faculty level starting September 1st, 2022. The Department of Counselor Education at NJCU is seeking a colleague committed to excellence in teaching at the graduate level, scholarship, and service. We seek a person who has strong leadership and mentorship skills with expertise in school counseling and experience in research, publication, and other scholarly activities.
- Commitment to teaching, training, and mentoring counseling students
- other core courses
- Teach practicum/internship field courses
- including professional competency reviews
- related to school counseling
- program, departmental, university-wide and professional service
- Participate in developmental activities to increase understanding and awareness of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion for counseling students
- Actively participate in student engagement with the Jersey City community
- Higher education teaching experience (for recent graduates, this may be graduate assistant activities, adjunct and/or guest lectures)
- Evidence of scholarly productivity
- Demonstrate professional identity as counselor educator and school counselor, as defined by CACREP to include but not limited to affiliations relevant to counseling associations (i.e., membership in ASCA, ACES, ACA, etc.)
- A working knowledge of the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) National Model
- Experience working with diverse student population and a strong commitment to advocacy and social justice
- Applicants should possess school counselor experience, knowledge of the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) model and be able to prepare students to work in urban and diverse populated school settings.
EDUCATION: Candidates must also have New Jersey School Counselor Certification or eligibility.
The Department of Counselor Education at NJCU is strongly committed to leading through research, innovation, and engagement with an emphasis on sociocultural diversity. We are seeking a colleague who will provide service and leadership at institutional, local, state, and national levels. Candidates must be committed to working effectively and cooperatively with colleagues within and outside of the Department. The successful candidate will develop and maintain professional relationships that reflect courtesy, civility, and mutual respect, as well as a strong commitment to diversity and multicultural education.
For specific application requirements, please refer to NJCU website at: www.njcu.edu/hr
CONSIDERATION: Review of applications: will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
As a condition of employment, new employees are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. Candidates wishing to request a medical or religious exemption must advise Human Resources at the time of job offer.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED