|Position Title||Assistant Professor of Political Science (Public Administration)|
|Hiring Salary||Salary commensurate with education and experience.|
|Position Type||Full-Time Tenure Track|
|College||College of Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Department||Dept of Political Science|
|Contact Name||Dr. Wen Jiun Wang|
Department of Political Science
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
1901 Avenue I
Huntsville, TX 77341-2149
|Contact Phone||[Register to View]|
|Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job||The Department of Political Science at Sam Houston State University invites applications for a nine-month Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position starting in fall 2022. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses per semester and engaging in research/scholarly activities. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in service activities such as program and curriculum development, face-to-face and online course development, and student recruitment and engagement.|
|Educational Requirements for the Position||
A Doctoral degree in public administration, public policy, or public affairs from an accredited institution of higher education. ABD candidates will be considered but they must have a PhD by the start date (August 2022).
|Experience Required for the Position||
-Demonstrates evidence of ability and desire to teach undergraduate and online graduate courses in two of the follow subject areas: 1) public administration and management; 2) organizational theory; 3) budgeting and finance; 4) program evaluation; and 5) public policy.
-Demonstrates evidence of an established or emerging research/scholarly program in any of the following subject areas: 1) public administration and management; 2) organizational theory; 3) budgeting and finance; 4) program evaluation; and 5) public policy.
-Demonstrates effective communication skills.
|Other Requirements for the Position||
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter that identifies their interests, qualifications, and experience for the position.
• Current CV that includes, if applicable, a summary of previous teaching experience and format of each course taught (i.e., face-to-face, online, hybrid).
• All graduate transcripts – unofficial transcripts will be accepted during the application process. However, the successful candidate must submit official transcripts documenting all post-secondary degrees.
• Recent student teaching evaluations covering the last two semesters of teaching, if available. Those without teaching evaluations, will need to upload a placeholder document in lieu of evaluations.
• Teaching statement, including a discussion of online pedagogy.
• If available, sample syllabi for relevant courses.
• Diversity statement discussing how the applicant would engage Sam Houston State University’s diverse student population and meet the College of Humanities and Social Sciences’ core goals.
• Three letters of recommendation from supervisors who are familiar with the applicant’s teaching abilities and who have worked with the applicant in the past two years.
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.
The search committee will start to review applications on October 11, 2021. The application process will remain open until the position is filled. Please direct questions to Dr. Wen-Jiun Wang (email@example.com).
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Sam Houston State University is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the academic community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The college welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community.
|Special Instructions Summary||
|Open Until Filled||Yes|