This job is archived
Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Counselor Education - 2 Positions to be Filled
FLSA status Exempt
Hiring Salary Salary commensurate with education and experience
College College of Education
Department Dept of Counselor Education
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Teaching graduate courses in counselor education
* Advising and supervising graduate level students in the counselor education program
* Participating in professional, program, department, college and university services
* Utilizing technology which will include online teaching
Educational Requirements for the Position
* Earned doctorate from a CACREP accredited program in Counselor Education
* Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas – If licensed in another state and offered the position, candidate must seek licensure in Texas
* Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor in Texas
* Successful teaching experience in higher education, utilizing distant and in person delivery systems.
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.
Full-Time Tenure Track
To apply please visit https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/28473
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.