Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
ADJUNCT CLINICAL FACULTY - FNP/PMHNP
Position Number: AF09035
The Adjunct Clinical Faculty is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring clinical education, supervision, and evaluation of students assigned to the various clinical affiliates, as defined by the community standards of practice. The Clinical Adjunct Faculty will recruit clinical sites and serve as a liaison with clinical affiliates, participate in didactic and clinical instruction of FNP and PMHNP students and provide a contribution to the education of adult learners in the field of nursing.
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certified (MSN-FNP-BC) or MSN-NP from a regionally accredited institution. Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) preferred.
- Five or more years of clinical experience; with proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, and evaluation.
- Experience with students in a clinical environment.
- Excellent academic record with a strong foundation of clinical experience in an FNP/PMHNP program.
- Recent clinical preceptorship experience of prior FNP/PMHNP students
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with computers and other forms of advanced technology in the instruction of radiography courses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate positively with students, faculty, and administrators, and to motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, differently-abled, and ethnic backgrounds of adult learners.
- Coordinate and supervise clinical education, clinical placement supervision, and evaluation of students assigned to clinical affiliates.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Correlate clinical education with didactic education.
- Evaluate nursing students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the Program Director to ensure effective program operation.
- Coordinate clinical education and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Provide oversight and mentoring of clinical preceptors.
- Recruit clinical sites that complement and strengthen clinical education.
- Establish positive community partnerships.
- Participate in the assessment process and development of student learning outcomes (SLOs) and assessment cycles.
- Participate in program planning and review, attend advisory meetings.
- Participate with the Program Director in periodic review and revision of clinical course materials.
- Maintain current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development, maintains expertise in the subject area, and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
- Participate actively in staff development and professional growth, including keeping informed of current research regarding strategies to foster student success, and communicate relevant information within the program.
- Maintain current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student progress.
- Support faculty governance.
- Identify course requirements, student learning outcomes (SLOs), evaluation and grading procedures, and attendance requirements in E-medley
- Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines; maintain necessary records and documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
To apply, please visit https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/4034
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.