This job is archived
This is an Assistant Clinical Professor/Lecturer (non-tenure-track), academic-year position based in Phoenix, Arizona in the Department of Teaching and Learning. The Department of Teaching and Learning is located within the College of Education. For more information about the Department of Teaching and Learning visit: http://nau.edu/COE/Teaching and Learning/. The position is renewable, based on availability of funds, effective performance, and program needs. The appointment will begin in August 2021 for the fall academic semester.
The successful candidate should be able to serve as anchor faculty to one or more of our 605434and to assist in faculty development. A documented commitment to curricular innovation and collaboration with university and practitioner colleagues is highly desired, as well as a demonstrated ability to teach effectively to a diverse student population and work with other diverse internal and external groups. Position is subject to the availability of funding.
The title of the position assigned will be based on candidate’s educational qualifications (see minimum qualifications). The successful candidate will: Teach, provide supervision and support for specific cohorts of undergraduate elementary education programs.
- Teaching courses that are part of the BSED Elementary Education program, practicum supervision, student advising, providing orientation for cohort students; and closely mentoring students and part-time faculty in various cohorts.
- The faculty member will engage in program recruitment activities in close communication with Enrollment Management, which entails meeting and communicating effectively with prospective students.
- The practicum component of this position includes liaising with the Practicum Coordinator on the Flagstaff, Mountain Campus and school districts on matters of student placement and assessment.
- As an anchor faculty, the appointee will work with part-time faculty members (including providing orientation) who supervise practicum to ensure that they understand the practicum handbook(s), our practicum expectations and obligations as well as ensuring that practicum supervisors are in close contact with their students.
- The candidate should be familiar with the NIET Aspiring Teacher rubric to mentor students throughout the program regarding expectations concerning knowledge, skills, and dispositions of the field of education.
- It is essential that the faculty member becomes conversant with resources that the university offers (such as Blackboard Learn shells and syllabus repositories) and assist part-time faculty in access and proper use of these resources. Training is available to faculty who are hired into this position.
- Other responsibilities include recruitment and mentoring of part-time faculty teaching courses to students in the cohort, ensuring that part-time faculty are in close contact with their students, and communicating of student issues as they occur.
- The appointee should maintain a strong personal program of service, hold regular office hours at the assigned community college office space, and generally be available to students who are part of their cohort.
- Other roles include contributing to accreditation efforts, attending and participating in departmental and college events, teaching other courses in the department as needs arise, and participate in the development of field-based elementary education programs throughout the region and state.
- Course delivery formats include face-to-face, hybrid, and web-based instruction.
Lecturer: Master’s degree in Elementary Education or related field, and 3 years teaching K-8 ·
Assistant Clinical Professor: Earned Doctoral degree by Aug. 2021 in Curriculum and Instruction or closely related field, and 3 years teaching K-8
How to Apply: To view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' link, locate vacancy 605434, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications; Lecturer $48,000-$51,000; Assistant Clinical Professor $55,000- $60,000
Application Deadline : This vacancy will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on May 31, 2021.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online!
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.