- Actively participate in professional organizations and local schools.
- Participate in community service as related to education.
- Ability for summer teaching is desired, but negotiable.
- PhD or EdD in Special Education or related area
- Current, relevant classroom teaching experience in Special Education, K-12 (within the last 5 years)
- Teaching certification in Special Education (does not have to be current nor from Iowa)
- Experience teaching college-level Special Education courses is recommended
- Be effective in addressing the needs of a diverse student body
- PhD/EdD in Educational Administration or Curriculum and Instruction will be considered with relevant Special Education experience
- ABD will be considered, with a reasonable completion date
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.