Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Assistant/Associate Professor of Education - Special Education
IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Assistant/Associate Professor of Education - Special Education
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Education - Special Education. This is a full-time, exempt nine-month, tenure-track teaching position in the areas of Special Education and Teacher Education core courses. The position requires teaching traditional and nontraditional students during day and evening face to face and hybrid/accelerated, academic advising, participating on standing Teacher Education Program and Campus committees, and performing other work-related duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in professional organizations and local schools.
- Participate in community service as related to education.
- Ability for summer teaching is desired, but negotiable.
- PhD or EdD in Special Education or related area
- Current, relevant classroom teaching experience in Special Education, K-12 (within the last 5 years)
- Teaching certification in Special Education (does not have to be current nor from Iowa)
- Experience teaching college-level Special Education courses is recommended
- Be effective in addressing the needs of a diverse student body
- PhD/EdD in Educational Administration or Curriculum and Instruction will be considered with relevant Special Education experience
- ABD will be considered, with a reasonable completion date
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Mount Pleasant, Iowa, United States
The academic programs at Iowa Wesleyan include undergraduate, graduate, and online learning. Service-learning is integrated into the curriculum, ensuring that all students connect classroom learning with service to others.
Located in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, Iowa Wesleyan offers a variety of arts and cultural opportunities for southeast Iowa. Art shows, concerts, lectures, and plays take place throu...