This job is archived
Woodbury University invites applications for an Adjunct Faculty to join the College of Liberal Arts. The Department of Mathematics and Sciences located in Burbank California is looking for experienced part-time faculty to teach lower division, non-major, lecture and laboratory classes in general Biology starting FALL 2021 semester.
This appointment is for part-time employment and includes eligibility to participate in medical plans, 403(b) supplemental plan, and access to the tuition-remission benefit on a proportional basis. Eligibility is after 30 days of service on the first of the following month.
Information on the program can be found at the links below:
- Syllabus and class preparation
- Instruction during scheduled course times
- Availability to students for consultation and assistance as needed outside of class
- Evaluation of student performance (e.g., grading papers, exams, projects, juries)
- Regular evaluation of students’ work, including prompt communication of performance on assignments
- Submission of final grades to the Registrar’s Office, which is currently completed via Woodbury University Self- Service
We ask all faculty members to assess students’ work early and often with a minimum of three written assessments for the semester. Your class may be designated as a Core Competency assessment course, in which case you will be required to submit course work and align your content with University rubrics. You may also need to meet periodically with your supervisor during the academic term regarding matters related to your employment.
- Master’s degree or higher in Biology or related field.
- Experience managing class rosters, attendance, timely grading of assignments.
- Being able to create lesson plans, actively conduct lessons, assess student learning, and report results in a timely manner.
- Classroom engagement skills with experience teaching non-majors.
- Being able to conduct lessons in in-person, online (e.g. with platforms like Zoom or RingCentral) or hybrid format.
- Experience using the learning management system Moodle.
- Able to provide critical, informed, and creative feedback to students.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Submissions must include:
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment history (required)
- List of college-level biological courses taught (required)
- 3 Letters of recommendation (recommended)
All application materials must be submitted through the Woodbury University Job Board. Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.