- Teach courses such as Latina/os in the U.S., Central American and Caribbean Communities, Sociology of Gender, Sociology of the Family, Racism, Power and Inequality, Sociology of Migration and Immigration, International Social Conflict, Youth, Policing and Justice, Critical Criminology, Qualitative Research Methods. Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.
- Develop potential courses within the candidate's area(s) of expertise
- Engage in ongoing research, scholarly and creative activities
- Assist in mentoring students; supervise student research
- Develop curricula to meet the needs of a diverse student body
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community