General Summary of Position:
The Department of Philosophy welcomes applications for a Visiting Instructor for the 2022-2023 academic year. This role is a one-year visiting post with a 4-4 teaching load, with possible renewal at the end of the year. A successful candidate will teach a variety of courses serving majors and nonmajors in the department.
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work in September 2022 and teach a range of classes that may include: introduction to philosophy, introduction to ethics, engineering and ethics, philosophy of technology, history of philosophy, logic, and other courses as the instructor’s experience dictates.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- PhD or all but dissertation (ABD) in Philosophy
- Applicants satisfying the minimum qualifications that can also teach a combination of ethics, engineering ethics, introduction to philosophy, philosophy of technology or history of philosophy
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications received by May 1, 2022 will be considered in the first review of candidates. However, later applications may be considered for this position. The position will close after an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
- Copy of student evaluations from previous teaching, if available
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.