Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking Assistant/ Associate Professor of Sociology. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track teaching position. As an Assistant/ Associate Professor of Sociology there will be a teaching load consisting of sociology courses, human services courses, general education courses, and interdisciplinary courses. The assignment will also include academic advising of students, serving on committees and a program coordinator position with the Human Services Program. Faculty duties may include some evening and weekend hours.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfills the duties and responsibilities of a sociology faculty member, including the review and development of Human Services and Sociology offerings on an on-going basis.
- Participates in University committees as assigned.
- Attends monthly general faculty and division meetings.
- Serves as academic advisor for assigned Human Services students.
- Serves as Program Coordinator for Human Services Program.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- PhD, DBA, or master’s degree in Sociology with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits in the discipline.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Practical experience is a plus
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.