Position Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Neuroscience
FLSA status Exempt
Hiring Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
College College of Osteopathic Medicine
Department Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Neuroscience faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will:
• Contributes to the development and delivery of an integrated systems-based curriculum.
• Collaborates with clinical and biomedical faculty to integrate neuroscience concepts throughout the medical education curriculum.
• Utilizes a variety of teaching methods including large and small group discussions, case reports, grand rounds, and other interactive approaches.
• Writes COMLEX-USA and USMLE exam-style questions.
• Develops research initiatives that align with the mission of Sam Houston State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
• Serves as a faculty advisor and research mentor to medical students.
• Participates in faculty development.
• Serves as course director for Neuroscience and Behavior.
Educational Requirements for the Position
PhD or equivalent degree in neurophysiology, neuroscience, neurobiology, or related field from an accredited university. A DO or MD degree with appropriate experience may also apply.
Experience Required for the Position
A minimum of 3 years experience in an academic institution teaching neuroscience at the graduate or professional level, with medical school experience.
Experience using different teaching methods, which includes case-based learning, ‘flipped classroom,’ interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, and curriculum delivery systems (Blackboard) is highly preferred; experience with curricular and instructional design is desired.
Note: While Sam Houston State University main-campus is located in Huntsville, TX, this position is located in the Grand Central Park community of Conroe, TX – just 5 miles N of The Woodlands, and 35 miles N of Houston.
Full-Time Tenure Track
To apply please visit https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/30069
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.