- Provide customer advocacy to ensure technical and functional problems are resolved in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to internal coordination with engineering teams, campus technical coordinators, and other required groups.
- Configure and deploy desktop PCs and software to end users.
- Provide systems support for network resources.
- Maintain library of documentation and inventory of assets.
- Test and evaluate desktop and software.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, with technical and non-technical individuals within a culturally diverse campus environment.
- Experience providing support on Windows 7, 8 and 10 desktop operating systems.
- Experience and proficiency in configuration and deployment of MacOS desktops and laptops.
- Experience in setting up and configuring Windows Server 2008 and 2012 OS.
- Familiarity with virtual technology such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Ability to install and maintain Windows workstations.
- Ability to configure Windows file and print services.
- Ability to provide desktop support to the division of Administration and Finance.
- Ability to write technical documentation, implementation plans, and end-user procedures.
- Ability to install and optimize network access clients, DHCP services, and interface adapters.
- Ability to install and configure email clients, Internet Browsers, and productivity software.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Educational Technology, Communications, or related technical field required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
Licenses / Certificates
- A valid CA Driver's License required to driver University's electric cart.
Information Technology Services
Information Technology Consultant - Foundation
The salary range for this classification is $3,713 to $7,149 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary, 40 hours per week.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Dec 06, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/521583/desktop-support-analyst
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-dc28274a9c67bd49903627d01b99601d