University of Massachusetts Lowell
Visiting Professor of Physical Therapy
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Physical Therapy & Kinesiology at the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell is welcoming applications for a Visiting Instructor for the 2022-2023 academic year. This role is a one-year visiting position with a 4-4 teaching load, with possible renewal at the end of the year. A successful candidate will teach a variety of courses serving Physical Therapy students, with possible courses serving Exercise Sciences. The successful candidate will also contribute to the Department and College through participation in committees and events, advising undergraduate students, and assisting with recruitment activities
The Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences is committed to academic excellence. We invite applicants with relevant expertise in Exercise Sciences and Physical Therapy and a history of instructional experience to apply. Applicants recognized for teaching excellence, experience in working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as in curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive and nurturing environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to this goal.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- State license to practice Physical Therapy
- Minimum of a master’s degree in physical therapy is required, doctoral degree preferred
- Strong record of teaching at the undergraduate/graduate level
- Excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Experience in clinical settings
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- List of courses previously taught in higher education and college/university name
- Names and contact information of three professional references will be required during the application process
- Copy of student evaluations from previous teaching, if available.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.