IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
Assistant Professor of Education/Physical Education
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Assistant Professor of Education/Physical Education. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track teaching position in the areas of Physical Education and Health core courses. The position requires teaching traditional and nontraditional students during day and evening, academic advising, participating on standing Teacher Education Program and Campus committees, and performing other work-related duties as assignedPRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate in professional organizations and local schools.
- Participate in community service as related to education.
- Ability for summer teaching is desired, but negotiable.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- PhD or EdD in Education with an emphasis in Physical Education and/or Curriculum and Instruction, relevant classroom teaching experience in Physical Education at any level, K-12(within the last 5 years)
- Teaching certification in Physical Education (does not have to be current nor from Iowa)
- Experience teaching college-level Physical Education Methods courses is recommended
- Be effective in addressing the needs of a diverse student body
- PhD/EdD in Educational Administration or Curriculum and Instruction will be considered with relevant Physical Education experience
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.