POSITION: CLINICAL COORDINATOR
SUMMARY: New Jersey City University is seeking a Clinical Coordinator. A nursing student's clinical experience is an extremely important piece of their education that helps build not only nursing skills but confidence in the clinical setting. The Clinical Coordinator role supports our students by coordinating all student clinical experiences and by assisting our Program Coordinators and faculty in identifying clinical partners to successfully complete evidence-based learning opportunities. In addition, the Clinical Coordinator embodies the mission and philosophy of the NJCU Nursing Department and represent the university to clinical agencies, students and the community through clinical scheduling and advancing the practice of nursing.
- Develop and manage partnerships with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and other clinical agency sites for nursing students to complete clinical rotations.
- Obtain signatures and renew and/or terminate contracts between NJCU and clinical sites, based on alignment with clinical objectives.
- Collaborates with University Counsel to ensure clinical contracts and affiliation agreements are in alignment with state and legal requirements.
- Manage relationships with existing clinical agency partners to ensure student and clinical site satisfaction, as well as successful clinical experiences for nursing students.
- Identify and assess concerns related to clinical experiences; facilitate appropriate intervention with faculty and Program Coordinators.
- Coordinates the onboarding process of incoming students: including frequent communication with incoming students regarding the expected immunizations and student orientation requirements associated with all program tracts; reviewing and approving of these required documents in CastleBranch.
- Assist and participate in the ongoing nursing program accreditation process including assisting with accreditation reports pertaining to clinical education, including alumni and employer surveys.
- Assists with the onboarding of new faculty.
- Identify the number of clinical placements for all program tracts needed each semester, in accordance with the curriculum and expected enrollment.
- Identify potential healthcare partners for clinical placements and initiate communication with appropriate individuals at the healthcare partners.
- Maintain a database including agency contact information, requests and placement confirmation or denial, and clinical compliance requirements.
- Maintain a database with clinical faculty contact information, placement confirmation, and compliance with agency-specific requirements.
- Travel to clinical sites and the healthcare partners’ campuses to evaluate clinical faculty.
- Develop innovative partnerships with hospital educators and leadership to provide educational services and cultivate relationships to source potential full and part-time faculty.
- Work with Program Coordinators, Marketing, and Admissions to reach potential students and effectively market clinical strengths of nursing programs.
- Maintain complete knowledge and understanding of NJCU’s curriculum and programs and clearly explain to clinical partners.
- Facilitate recruitment and selection of adjunct clinical faculty used in assigned student clinical placements for all program tracts.
- Complete work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking clinical assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including data entry in spreadsheets.
- Prepare reports as assigned
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Master’s degree in Nursing required.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Nursing
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: Open Until Filled