- Assist in reinforcing and monitoring curfew.
- Assist in monitoring study hall periods.
- Assist in monitoring classroom attendance.
- Offer proper motivation and guidance for student-athletes to achieve academic success and behavior on and off the courts.
- Scout defined areas and attend high school games as assigned.
- Help evaluate talent and skill levels of potential recruits, as well as members of the team.
- Assist Head Coach with contacting recruits: email, direct mail, text messages, telephone contact, and personal visits for both athletes and parents.
- Converse with other teams regarding strategies, which include exchanging film.
- Scout opposing teams as assigned.
- Assist Head Coach with summer camps.
- Attend team practices ensuring equipment and practice facilities are set up and removed after practice.
- Assist Head Coach with on-court coaching during practice and games, including preparation.
- Assist Head Coach in promoting sophomore student-athletes in securing four-year scholarships through written, phone, and/or personal communications.
- Prior to an event: notify food services, custodial support, and campus security; have signs ready for reserved seating and tickets; schedule staff for the event; and reserve locker rooms.
- Set up the ticket entrance. Turn on the Sound Room (warm-up, National Anthem, half-time, and time-outs).
- Set up the ticket office: turn on computers and log into Pro Venue; prepare a complimentary list for ticket takers; stock register with money; display prices and passes honored; have timesheets ready; put out ticket signs outside the arena; open ticket windows one hour prior to the event.
- Scorer's table; chairs; microphone with extra battery; collect necessary announcement documents for announcer (e.g., rosters, NJCAA announcement, announcements for signage sponsors, etc.).
Supervise Study Room:
- Monitor all student-athletes in study hall.
- Assist all student-athletes with study materials.
- Assist in organizing all student-athlete study times with Head Coach.
- Market special events/promotions such as half-time promotions (e.g., PIPS, UPWARD, Local Youth All-Stars); civic organizations (e.g., Kiwanis/Rotary Night, Boy and Girl Scouts of America, local school nights, company nights); tournaments and non-Lee College games (e.g., Lee College Invitational, Lee College Classic, junior high games, high school games).
- Deliver gifts and invoices.
- Make phone calls to set up appointments for Athletic Director.
- Provide sports information (e.g., newspaper, scores on the website, statistics, announcements).
- Provide campus outreach through community service and visits to the school for school nights and promotions as assigned by the Athletic Director. Also assist athletes when they visit schools, nursing homes, hospitals, etc.
- Participate in activities for campus involvement (e.g., Faculty Night, Staff Night, Student and/or Club Night).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of NJCM rules and regulations
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be able to travel between the college and other venues
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7000
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-[Register to View] 18a0489d7d1c68596f3fe6