The University of Arizona's College of Applied Science and Technology, is a National Security Agency designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO), and a Defense Intelligence Agency designated Intelligence Community - Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). The CAST is seeking a Project Manager who will assist the CIIO Department Head, the Operations Manager, and the Center with routine duties and responsibilities. CAST is seeking candidates who can assist with the growth of the college's purpose, vision, and values and who enjoy working with a diverse, non-traditional student population. This position will contribute to the building of a strong team of culturally diverse faculty and staff who are committed to preparing traditional, post-traditional, and transfer students for success in a 21st-century workforce. This position is located in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and may require travel throughout the state.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please visit hr.arizona.edu.
Go to CAST Project Manager to apply.
- Assist the Center Director and Principle Investigators (PI) in the planning and management of grants, contracts, and/or sales & service project requirements.
- Assist in the development, review, and submission of project reports.
- Assist in the development, review, and submission of grant, contracts, and other general agreements (e.g. CRADA, OTA, etc.) project proposals.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to use critical, independent thinking
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in program management or an equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required, including demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and experience working in a program that supports both civilian and U.S. government learning objectives.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values students, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.