- Responsible for building and maintaining data visualizations and other reporting systems that allow stakeholder access to assessment results and other relevant accountability data for analysis and decision-making.
- Maintain and update school-level and portfolio-wide dashboards showing current information and analysis about all portfolio schools in order to facilitate easy access to information, extrapolate trends, drive decision-making and guide strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert as it relates to data visualization, reporting, management, and interpretation.
- Conduct annual analysis of state assessment data for inclusion in the CSI Annual Review of Schools (CARS).
- Manage the annual release of the CSI Annual Review of Schools Report including the collection of relevant data across departments, the creation of school-level reports, and distribute to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain guidance documentation and technical manuals for the CSI Annual Review of Schools and other school performance analysis and evaluation processes.
- Works collaboratively with other stakeholders to establish a culture of data and evidence-based decision-making.
- Develops and maintains effective procedures for ensuring the integrity and organization of assessment, school performance, and accountability data.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching and technical assistance to schools and departments on school performance data, data literacy, and on internally and externally developed data visualization and reporting tools and processes.
- Assemble and organize statewide or regional data that informs charter decision-making, market research analysis and communication strategies.
- Organize and maintain analyses and reports for regular, systematic dissemination including publishing results to website.
- Design and develop standard, ad-hoc, and custom performance reports as needed for reporting, evaluation, and analysis for various stakeholders.
- Responds to requests, questions, and support needs around the use of data reports and analyses for decision-making at various levels.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate findings/results effectively to multiple audiences in both oral and written form.
- Foster knowledge sharing and disseminate evaluation and research findings through development of reports, presentations, dashboards, etc. to increase awareness and knowledge of CSI and the charter sector in Colorado.
- Conduct technical training for schools and other users on assessment, accountability, and evaluation processes and procedures.
- Plans, conducts, and reviews aspects of assessment, evaluation, and accountability projects and programs related to specialty area.
- Ensure that all training, technical assistance, and compliance monitoring includes tiered processes and actions based on school performance.
- Provide school performance and operational evaluation for inclusion in the CSI Annual Review of Schools for all managed programs.
- Review proposed and existing legislation for possible impact to assessment data, accountability and evaluation systems, programs and processes.
- Participate in the review of all charter applications as a member of the CSI Review Team.
- Provide operational support for the Director of Evaluation and Assessment.
- In coordination with the Student Services and Data Submissions Team, provide technical assistance and validate programmatic data for state and federal reporting.
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling, a work-life balance culture, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, professional development opportunities, wellness offerings, a performance based bonus and membership in Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
As a statewide charter school authorizer, CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate this commitment in our recruitment efforts. We value the unique contributions that result from different perspectives and experiences as they make us stronger. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with data analysis, reporting, and dashboard tools including familiarity with relevant systems and software.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with many stakeholders adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to explain data and data systems proficiently to professional and lay audiences through oral communications and technical documents.
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects.
- All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred (5+ years of successful work experience or relevant certifications can be substituted for a degree).
- Experience with designing and maintaining Tableau dashboards.
- Excellent report design and development skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis, school evaluation, or a comparable field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate data with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement strategies to program functions.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service experience.
- Experience working with charter schools in Colorado.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position may be partially remote for some period due to COVID-19 restrictions but will require full time availability during regular business hours in our Downtown Denver office at 1600 Broadway when restrictions are reduced.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
- Remote interview process
- Mostly virtual meetings for the time being
- Social distancing guidelines in place (when in the office)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place (at the physical office)
HOW TO APPLY:
Does our organization and this role sound like a great fit for you? If so, please email your resume and cover letter to CSIEmployment@csi.state.co.us. The cover letter should detail how your experience meets the minimum experience requirements listed in the above position announcement. No phone calls please.