- Participates in college and university efforts to retain and graduate a diverse and successful student body, while evaluating and contributing to college efforts of same.
- Preparation and maintenance of Graduate student orientation materials, workshops, and seminars for the college.
- Assure that orientation material is up-to-date and available. Conduct both Undergrad and Graduate orientation programs.
- Specifically, work with our Graduate student populations.
- Assist with coordinating graduation and commencement.
- Assist in advising, auditing of students in our El Paso program.
- Represent college in orientation and advisor meetings on campus.
- Assure all students in major and minor are aware of their progress towards their degree requirements. Assure all students know what is necessary to complete their degree requirements.
- Maintains communication with university administration regarding curriculum and institutional policies regarding degree completion.
- Pursue and provide accurate information when issues arise, anticipates problems, identifies patterns, and analyses options for optimum potential outcomes.
- Adopt ongoing quality improvements at the college and university levels and contributes directly to college improvements.
- Lead by example through strategic participation in professional development and activities, both on campus and off.
- Audit, maintain and monitor student files. Follow up with students regarding enrollments and progress with coursework (as needed).
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards.
- Assist the college with data collection, recruitment, retention and enrollment activities such as special events, etc.
- Carry out other tasks as needed for the benefit of the college and the university.
Bachelor's degree required, plus one year relevant experience.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Familiarity with architecture
- Master's Degree
- 2 years’ experience working with students in an academic counseling environment.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-9b7bcf87a7a4684687f4bf[Register to View]