Transfer Success Pathways Program Coordinator
$5,025 – $7,159 • monthly
California State University, Northridge
Transfer Success Pathways Program Coordinator
Job no: 526069
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Administrative, Compliance/Legal, Probationary, Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Student Services, Counselor (Non-instructional Faculty), On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Student Outreach and Recruitment, the Transfer Success Pathways Program Coordinator implements and coordinates CSUN's Transfer Success Pathways (TSP) and Transfer Planner programs, and assists with the support and recruitment of students who participate in TSP by maintaining contact with prospective students, applicants, counselors, and parents. The incumbent conducts school site outreach activities to support enrollment goals, and assists with implementing plans of action and activities related to outreach and recruitment of prospective transfer students who participate in the TSP program.
- Conducts speaking engagements and workshops, assists with department wide events, provides presentations encompassing information on CSUN, the CSU system, EOP, financial aid, the CSU application process, and etc.
- Utilizes the Transfer Planner portal system to follow up with transfer success pathways students and provide necessary data for reports.
- Provides walk-in pre-admission advising services required and directed for high school and community college transfer students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3nrzVP7
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related field. Upper division or graduate course work in counseling techniques interviewing and conflict resolution where such are job related, is preferred.
- Equivalent of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional student services work experience; including one year in student service program coordination preferred.
- A Master's degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of: the principles, practices and trends of the Student Services field as well as thorough knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of the program area to which assigned; the principles of individual and group behavior, individual counseling techniques. Thorough knowledge, or the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge: of the organizational procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned.
- Working knowledge of student services programs outside the program to which immediately assigned.
- Ability to: analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action; advise students individually and in groups on complex student-related matters; determine appropriate courses of action and proper techniques to utilize while engaged with individuals in personal interactions of an argumentative or sensitive nature.
- Ability to: interpret and evaluate descriptions and explanations of problems brought forward by individuals or student organizations, analyze and define the problem, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses of action; carry out a variety of professionally complex assignments without detailed instructions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 3084 / SSP III / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $5025 - $5276 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $5025 - $7159 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
- Applications received through May 18, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: May 05, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/526069/transfer-success-pathways-program-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency