Outreach Counselor Assistant (Multiple positions)
$4,066 – $4,066 • yearly
California State University, Northridge
Outreach Counselor Assistant (Multiple positions)
Job no: 526075
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Temporary, Full Time, Student Services, On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Student Outreach, the Outreach Counselor Assistant receives training and conducts school site outreach activities to support enrollment goals. The incumbent assists with implementing plans of action and activities related to outreach and recruitment of prospective first-time freshman and transfer students to the university.
- Conducts speaking engagements and workshops and assists with department wide events.
- Provides presentations encompassing information on the CSU system, CSU Northridge, EOP, financial aid, CSU application process, pre-enrollment follows up, tele-counseling, and the master plan of higher education in California.
- Compiles recruitment data and prepares reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3Lt4ixG
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or a job-related field.
- Equivalent to one year of experience in professional Student Services work at the entry trainee level.
- Master's degree in a job-related field may be substituted for the required experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General knowledge of the methods and problems of organization and program management; working knowledge of research and interviewing techniques; working knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior; ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge of the organization, procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned; and working knowledge of the basic principles, practices and major trends in the Student Services field to which assigned.
- Ability and specialized skills to: rapidly acquire a working knowledge of the specific objectives of the campus Student Services program and its relationship to the total campus operation; interpret and apply program rules and regulations; gather and analyze data.
- Ability to reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; present clear and concise information orally and in written reports; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations and other private and public agencies
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade:
- The anticipated HIRING RATE is $4066 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $4066 - $5752 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: Based on satisfactory progress and successful completion of the training program, the incumbent will be promoted to the level of Student Services Professional IB after 12 months. Promotion is dependent upon departmental needs at the time. The SSP II is a regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through May 9, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised:. Apr 26, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/526075/outreach-counselor-assistant-multiple-positions
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-366168aad8aa0e4592d4d[Register to View] 4