Library Assistant - Hiring for 2 Positions
California State University, Long Beach
Library Assistant - Hiring for 2 Positions
Job No: 524781
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Library
Under the general direction of the Coordinator of Access Services, the Interlibrary Loan Technician works closely with the unit lead to provide excellent Interlibrary Services. Assists in the daily operation of Interlibrary Services by processing interlibrary services/resource sharing requests (borrowing and lending) and monitoring unit's daily workflow. The incumbent also services library patrons at the Access Services Desk and provides excellent customer service to the library users as needed.
- Process incoming ILS/Resource sharing, borrowing, and lending requests; verify bibliographic citations using appropriate reference database.
- Monitor daily workflow and adjust student assistant workload to ensure efficient operation in consultation with team lead and/or Access Services Coordinator. Provide backup in the absence of the ILS Unit Lead.
- Maintain billing manager on ILLiad; prepare invoices for payment and checks for deposit.
- Must be proficient in using computer and standard office applications (Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Ability to communicate skillfully, accurately, and pleasantly with patrons in person, on the telephone and via e-mail.
- Must be available to work a schedule including weekday, evening, and night, weekend, and morning hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and with fellow employees.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn and follow varied procedures involved in Interlibrary Services, Circulation services, and other access
- services desks.
- Knowledge of Library policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of materials/services available at the library as well as activities and current programs.
- Knowledge of physical organization of the building and functions of the various departments within the library.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Completion of a high school education or equivalent and two (2) years of related library and/or clerical experience required. Three (3) years of related library and/or clerical experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in academic library or interlibrary databases research, related ILS software applications and library management system such as III Millennium, Ex Libris, Alma is strongly preferred.
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
Library - Interlibrary Services
Library Services Specialist II
Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
Hiring Range: $3,551 - $4,250 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training.
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,551 - $6,402 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY
It is important that all sections of the on-line application are filled out completely and accurately. Please include all relevant education and experience. Your application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
CSULB is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas).
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Feb 26, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/524781/library-assistant-hiring-for-2-positions
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-128e8d87c58c8a4eb02fef01266dd428