Organic Chemistry Instructor (2023)
Organic Chemistry Instructor (2023)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/3324
Type of Assignment:
Position Available: MiraCosta College’s Chemistry Department invites applications for one equity-minded, full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position beginning in August 2023. Principal responsibilities include instruction, primarily in organic chemistry courses (majors and allied health). The person selected will share leadership roles with other full-time instructors in coordinating and developing curriculum, using culturally-responsive pedagogical techniques, and coordinating the overall program.IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe disease. This causes greater risk to their personal health and unnecessary disruption to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Compensation: Initial salary placement is based on education and experience and ranges from $80,981 (class I, step 1) to $135,570 (class VI-doctorate, step 10) on the 2023-2024 Annual Salary Schedule. To view the Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule, please go to https://www.miracosta.edu/hr/hr/_docs/2023-2024FTFacultySalarySchedule.pdf.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
MiraCosta College offers an array of benefits to eligible employees.
• The district pays 100% of the cost of medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees and dependents
• $100,000 life insurance policy
• Up to $250 of benefit credits per month to help pay for a variety of voluntary benefit options, such as supplemental life insurance, disability coverage, and health care/dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
• Sick leave and paid holidays
• State pension system retirement benefits (CalSTRS)
• Free and confidential employee assistance program
• Wellness Program
• Participation in the District’s Early Retirement Program
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Childcare Facility (Oceanside Campus)
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in chemistry; OR
2. Master’s degree in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry (approved comparable degrees at MiraCosta College); OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND a Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology, geochemistry, “chemistry & biochemistry” (approved comparable degree), or “biochemistry & molecular biology” (approved comparable degree); OR
4. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry AND a Master’s degree in “chemical & biochemical engineering” (approved comparable degree); OR
5. the equivalent. Applicants who do not possess the EXACT degree major(s) required to meet the minimum qualifications must attach an equivalency narrative and supporting documentation at the time of application. Instructions can be found at https://www.miracosta.edu/governance/equivalency-committee/_docs/equivalency-instructions.pdf; OR
6. a fully satisfied, lifetime California Community College credential authorizing instruction/service in the appropriate subject matter; AND
7. demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
Job Close Date: 2/7/2023
Open Until Filled:
First Screening Date:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment that affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion. The college’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is expressed in the policy found at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf.
MiraCosta College is committed to creating a racially just campus climate. Individuals and their diverse cultures and identities are welcomed, nurtured, and validated. MiraCosta College takes institutional responsibility for closing the equity gap for disproportionately impacted populations including Latinx and Chicanx communities, Black and African American communities, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities, Native American communities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer/questioning, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA+) communities, veteran communities, former foster youth, adult students, and students from low socioeconomic statuses. MiraCosta will continue to serve all constituents with values rooted in equity, diversity, inclusion, and community. MiraCosta College’s Mission, Vision, Commitment, and Institutional Values & Goals can be viewed at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/docs/mccmissionstatement.pdf.
The college was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) in 2013. This designation reflects the great responsibility that MiraCosta has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. We are a veteran and military supportive institution and an Achieving the Dream Leader College. New associate faculty will join a campus that exhibits its dedication to all students and faculty through offering robust, culturally-responsive events, including speaker series dedicated to heritage month events through the Social Justice and Equity Center.
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View]
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-24884681a037c04d889f9128c3171082