- The incumbent is a vital contributor in the efforts to create, implement, integrate, assess, and improve—on an ongoing basis—URA's strategies, processes and procedures required to innovate and deliver successful results.
- Leads donor stewardship projects and activities designed to engage donors as well as the CSUN Foundation Board and oversees all human resources functions within the division.
- Responsible for staffing and space planning and both leads and facilitates an engaging, productive and welcoming environment.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3X7lDPM
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience; with two of the five years in project management and at least three years successful experience in administrative operations in an executive office.
- Experience in Human Resources functions highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion efforts and active engagement in promoting an inclusive culture. Ability to lead strategic planning and analyze project requirements with demonstrated operational, organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to negotiate and establish priorities to achieve results and expedite projects. Organized and able to bring focus to a wide range of project tasks to achieve objectives; detail oriented to capture, track and escalate project tasks, issues, status, etc., problem solving to get to the root cause of an issue and implement corrective action.
- Ability to work closely with, and on behalf of the Vice President, to provide direction to staff that the incumbent does not supervise; able to lead in a collaborative style by gathering input from stakeholders through active listening and respect of opinions; able to establish trust and facilitate complex discussions with varying opinions arriving at agreeable solutions/decisions.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, present updates and work with a wide-range of people in positions ranging from senior campus and divisional/departmental leaders to senior volunteer leaders from a variety of backgrounds and positions.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $115,004 to $130,008 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through January 27, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/523389/director-of-university-relations-and-advancement-operations
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency