- Manages social media channels and the publishing of social media content across social platforms, including live Tweeting, Instagram Live, Facebook Live, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Creates content to be shared across all social platforms, engages with followers, responds to inquiries, keeps abreast of social media trends and makes recommendations for ongoing strategies.
- Establishes metrics and benchmarks, sets KPIs, monitors performance goals for CSUN social media platforms, produces reports documenting data trends and analytics, and implements growth marketing strategies.
- Monitor channels and plays a key role in crisis and emergency communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3fKHKMb
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college in English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a job-related field.
- Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time professional or technical experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research.
- Five (5) years of experience working in social media and/or the creative content space preferred.
- Experience with growth and marketing strategies, in higher education, non-profit sectors, and in working with student workers, highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use effectively: media outlets including planning media coverage and media publicity campaigns for the university and events; web communication techniques, vehicles and formats. Working knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and the media and research techniques and methods. Knowledge of interview techniques and the ability to define and deliver media messages; growth marketing strategies (A/B testing, etc.) that maximize reach and impact of content with target audiences.
- Ability and specialized skills to: apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences; build and manage more sophisticated media contacts; keep abreast of campus events and subject matter expertise in relation to current events to identify and capitalize on media opportunities that will promote the university and increase positive media coverage; use industry-standard tools for channel management, project management and social listening; be organized and detail-oriented with an exceptional sense of accountability; understand the creative development and media planning processes.
- Effectively use: web technology to achieve communication goals; analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into communication vehicles; apply appropriate statistical techniques and methods to research; provide lead work direction; strong story development and journalistic writing skills, as well as advanced editorial skills; journalistic principles of truth, fairness and accuracy; visual storytelling through photo and video.
- Possession of: internet research skills; excellent English oral and written communications skills; sound judgment skills; computer skills; interpersonal skills; cross-functional team leading skills; in-depth understanding and daily use of social media platforms; basic knowledge of photo and video editing; values revolving around collaboration and building and maintaining relationships and partnerships; Photoshop proficiency; an openness to new ideas and a willingness to take chances.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification grade: 0800 / Pub Affairs/Comm Spec / 2
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3761 - $6000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3761 - $6803 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- Applications received through November 29, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: Nov 16, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/520955/digital-strategy-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency