- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Ethnic Studies, History, Cultural Studies, Education, English, American Studies, Communication, Media Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or other related fields with a focus on Asian American Studies. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Demonstrated potential for successful teaching at the college level
- Demonstrated potential for research and scholarly activities
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated specialization and interest in areas related to one or more of the following: K-12 education; migration studies; transnationalism studies; diasporic studies; cultural productions; literature; and comparative ethnic studies
- Evidence of teaching comparative ethnic studies
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or evidence of working successfully with local Asian American and/or Pasifika/Oceania communities and/or organizations
- Experience with or demonstrated potential to learning instructional technologies
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or evidence of mentoring students in academics and/or community settings.
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or evidence of supervising student research
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body
- Teach Asian American Studies and/or comparative ethnic studies course offerings at the undergraduate and graduate levels [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
- Participate in curriculum and program development in Asian American Studies and/or comparative ethnic studies at all course levels including interdisciplinary courses with Africana Studies, American Indian Studies, and Chicanx/Latinx Studies that support ethnic studies
- Develop and produce scholarly and/or creative activities that lead to conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Advise and mentor students and supervise student research
- Engage in scholarship, teaching, and/or service that links the program to local Asian American and Pasifika/Oceania communities and movements
- Engage in service to the department, college, university, profession, and community
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Sample course syllabi (maximum of three)
- Writing sample (maximum of two)
- Evidence of effective teaching, if applicable (e.g., student evaluations)
- Names and contact information for three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation, should you reach the semi-finalist stage).
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information and process should be addressed to:
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Asian and Asian American Studies
Attn: Michelle Okawa, Coordinator
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-2007
Requests for information about the position should be addressed to:
[Register to View] or E-mail: Michelle.Okawa@csulb.edu
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at [Register to View] 53768273%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=x%2FssSWPU79Zsua9mscL47uEVKOTRjZoGoZEI79urdVU%3D&reserved=0">https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/521267/assistant-professor-of-asian-american-studies
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5ca874a6d15be94fb324637cb046d84b