Community Education Work Skills Instructor (2022-2023)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/3198
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Assignment Category: Temporary Assignment
MiraCosta College is accepting applications to create a pool of Community Education Work Skills Instructors. Work schedule would be determined based on the assignment and typically includes nights and/or weekends at the Technology Career Institute in Carlsbad.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
Applications are valid through June 30, 2023, at which time they will expire. A new posting for this pool will be posted on July 1, 2023, and those still interested will need to reapply at that time.
IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Salary Range: Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
Short-term, temporary employees may be eligible for Healthy Families Sick Leave, and enrollment in a retirement system.
Position Term in Months: Varies
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the required documents directly in the online system.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. All relevant degrees, certificates, and/or licenses.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon : 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 4) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development is the not-for-credit, fee-based department of the college. Our department runs a number of career training programs designed to meet industry needs, while training students quickly and thoroughly. We are looking for a few part-time instructors to teach classes at night and during the weekends. These classes may be held in Oceanside and/or Carlsbad. This position will be responsible for conducting short-term, customized training for the college’s corporate clients and/or to provide instruction for continuing education classes that are designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain industry employment and related certifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Provides instruction, monitors progress and advises students in a productive learning and training environment.
2) Works with other instructors to maintain consistent and integrated curriculum.
3) Maintains records and provides a completed evaluation of each student’s performance as required by the department.
4) Evaluates and develops curriculum for incumbent workers based on industry needs.
5) Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of the classrooms, including cleanup and organization of the lab/shop area and tool/supply rooms.
6) Provides co-leadership in developing, implementing, and incorporating Advisory Committee input on curriculum. Makes recommendations to the program manager regarding curriculum additions, deletions, or revisions.
7) Nurtures external partnerships and builds industry relationships.
8) Encourages and exemplifies professionalism, good work habits and leadership.
9) Maintains and implements a classroom management plan consistent with the College and department.
10) Works cooperatively within the department and College. Participates in events, trainings, etc. as requested.
11) Provides feedback to the program manager on course progress, suggested improvements or problems that may impact program quality or stability.
12) Performs other related duties as required.
Depending on the course, relevant degrees, certifications and/or licenses may be required.
Please submit all degrees, certificates, and/or licenses with your application.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree or higher in field related to topic of instruction is preferred.
Minimum of five years of direct experience is required.
At least two years of experience in an academic setting or teaching environment preferred.
Must be an organized, self-motivated individual who works well with the team. Good communication, presentation skills, and a positive attitude are a must.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
Posting Number: S22/23002P
Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or [Register to View]
Job Close Date: 6/30/2023
Open Until Filled: No
First Screening Date:
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency