Assistant Director, Special Programs & Processing - 2 positions available
California State University, Long Beach
Assistant Director, Special Programs & Processing - 2 positions available
Job No: 517811
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Temporary, Full Time, Student Services
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, the Assistant Director of Special Programs coordinates and monitors processing activities and provides oversight of financial aid programs, including serving as a lead for the processing counselors. The position also serves as a member of the Financial Aid Leadership team, which establishes operational direction and implements policy for the daily functions of the office.
- Provide oversight, direction, and ensure effective and efficient coordination, planning and monitoring of workflow for the Special Programs, Financial Aid Processing and Programs unit.
- Provide leadership and oversight in support of various financial aid programmatic activities. Utilize project management methodology and tools to achieve program goals.
- Oversee financial aid counselors and coordinate workload to ensure processing milestones are met. Create an effective team, in partnership with the Associate Director of Operations and the Beach Central counselors.
* Customer Service/Service Excellence: Delivers high-quality products and services; anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers; committed to continuous improvement. Supports students and customers by demonstrating competence, professionalism and using a positive attitude.
* Strategic Thinking & Planning: Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business; sees the big picture and holds a long-term perspective; determines objectives and sets priorities; creates a work environment that encourages creative thinking; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes; recognizes opportunities and takes action to achieve objectives.
* Problem Solving & Decision Making: Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions to make organizational improvements; well-informed decisions; is proactive; makes breakthrough decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; solicits input from individuals who can add significant value to the decision-making process.
* Team Building & Development: Inspires and guides others toward goal accomplishments; develops and sustains cooperative working relationships; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust; Develops leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, and guiding employees.
* Professional Knowledge: Continually enhances knowledge and skills to keep abreast of industry changes, developments, and emerging issues; Advanced knowledge of financial aid and scholarship programs, policies and procedures.
Experience in organizing work, establishing procedure for completing work and monitoring workflow and workload. Thorough knowledge of Financial Aid Processing systems, applications, and verification procedures. Working knowledge of on-line student information system (PeopleSoft preferred) and imaging systems. Working knowledge of various aid delivery platforms (National Student Loan Data System, Common Originations and Disbursement, CSAC Webgrants, FAA Access to CPS online). Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret complex financial aid and academic regulations and policy. Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects. Skill in performing accurately with heavy workload requirements and the ability to use effective time management skills in order to prioritize tasks to accomplish goals with established time frames. Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, faculty, and peers. Skill to effectively communicate in writing and prepare written materials. Treats all customers (students, faculty, and staff colleagues) with dignity and respect, empathy, fairness, and professionalism, consistent with the university mission, values, and strategic vision. Ensures operational integrity and continuity by maintaining detailed descriptions of responsibilities, ranging from daily tasks to strategic activities and outcomes, and makes them available to supervisor. Ensures quality, usability, and integrity of system data by working within approved processes and testing procedures.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree with upper or graduate coursework in counseling and guidance, human relations, or related fields and three (3) years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas required.
ES Financial Aid
Student Services Professional III
The salary range for this classification is $4,691 to $6,683 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Aug 28, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/517811/assistant-director-special-programs-processing-2-positions-available
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5bb7436beb011240a88e6ec22c7f3216