Access Services Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
Access Services Coordinator
Job No: 517906
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Temporary, Full Time
The Access Services Coordinator has overall responsibility and accountability for providing planning and direction to multiple functional areas (Circulation, Interlibrary Services, Reserve/Media Resources, Current Periodicals, and Microtext Services) within Access Services department. Manage the day-to-day operations of functional areas within the department. Participate in the development, recommendation and administration of Access Services policies, procedures and processes. Work collaboratively with Academic Technology Services, campus departments, the community, and external agencies/libraries. Serve as the department business and function expert. Manage the operation of ORCA, the library's automatic storage and retrieval system.
- Solves complex patrons' problem and positively influences their expectations for excellent library services.
- Serve in the strategic planning, technology development and enhancement for Access Services.
- Implement library policies and procedures that affect services to library patrons and their borrowing privileges.
- In consultation with Administration, identify and resolve complex administrative problems, and recommend policies and procedures as necessary.
- Collaborate with Academic Technology Services (ATS) Systems staff on various library systems' implementations and upgrades.
- Work closely with ATS Systems staff and Library Management System Coordinator on the strategic planning, implementation of library system upgrades, installation of new applications, automation of processes and addition of new equipment that are related to the Access Services units.
- Serve as the business and function expert for the responsible units.
- Develop department business processes.
- Responsible for all Library Access Services interfaces with the university CMS systems.
Have excellent working knowledge with library management system with the focus on Circulation and Interlibrary Loan Services functions. Have good working knowledge on general library systems.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience required.
- Five years of related academic library experience preferred, with progressive supervisory responsibilities.
- Good knowledge on different aspects of Access Services.
- Experience with Unified Library Management System (ULMS) preferred.
- Experience with Alma cloud-based library services platform.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from American Library Association accredited institution strongly preferred.
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
The targeted salary may be set as high as $6,000 per month based on experience. The salary range for this classification is $4,693 to $8,489 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Aug 30, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/517906/access-services-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-beee42ebc2daed448453256fb10f246e