This job is archived
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the head athletic trainer. The head athletic trainer is a full-time position responsible for overseeing the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries and related illnesses for all student-athletes on 18 intercollegiate athletic teams. This position will train and supervise an assistant athletic trainer, interns, and other support staff. IW is a growing, competitive athletic program and is a member of the NAIA, the Continental Athletic Conference (CAC), the Heart of America (Wrestling only) and the North Star Athletic Association. (Football Only)
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide athletic training services for the athletic department as directed by the team physician including attendance at scheduled team practices, home, and away contests.
- Determine student-athlete’s ability to practice and or compete.
- Create and facilitate an organized schedule to support student-athletes efficiently and appropriately.
- Report, in a timely manner, the status of injured student-athletes to coaching see.
- Oversee compilation, input, organization, and maintenance of all medical records for student-athletes.
- Work with insurance providers to manage and secure primary insurance verification.
- Manage claims to determine accuracy and compliance within the athletic program’s insurance company. Supervise prompt processing of medical bills and insurance claims.
- Establish and enforce code of conduct and rules for athletic training facilities and equipment.
- Review emergency action plan for all athletic teams and facilities with the team physician(s), area emergency medical services and local hospitals.
- Share in responsibility of athletic training room maintenance and upkeep.
- Obtain the required continuing education credits to fulfill the requirements for licensure renewal and national certification.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement and Athletics
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training or related field required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Good Evaluation Skills.
- Ability to Perform in High-Stress Situations.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Empathy and Compassion.
- Patience and Persistence.
- First Aid and CPR certified required.
- Ability to work effectively with students, other University personnel, physicians, and others outside the university in performing athletic training duties.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Exceptional Benefit offerings:
At Iowa Wesleyan University, we care about the well-being of our employees and their families and offer an affordable and flexible benefits package that include:
- Medical (2 plans to choose from)
- Supplemental Insurance opportunities
- Generous holiday, vacation, and sick days and shared sick leave
- Free admission to home IW athletic events
- Discount at IW’s Tiger Spirit Store as well as at other area vendors
- Educational opportunities through tuition remission and tuition exchange scholarships.