The George Mason University Human Resources & Payroll department invites applications for a Trainer & OD Consultant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
The HR & Payroll department supports the university mission through the development and implementation of policies, programs, and practices that attract, compensate, retain, and reward faculty and staff.
About the Position:
The Trainer & Organizational Development Consultant supports the efforts of the Organizational Development and Learning team by providing training, including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training and organizational development design, facilitation, and evaluation for faculty and staff.
- Delivers training to George Mason University’s faculty and staff including, but not limited to, leadership development, communication skills and difficult conversations, new hire orientation and other compliance topics, and other self- and professional-development topics;
- Collaborates with university partners to plan, coordinate, design, implement, facilitate, track, and evaluate training related to promoting and ensuring the success of university diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. Consults internally to ensure programs and workshops align with university’s inclusive excellence strategy and foster belonging and inclusion in how they are designed, implemented, and measured;
- Consults with Mason supervisors and unit leaders on OD solutions; conducts intake and needs analysis, designs, develops, and delivers solutions, and measures results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant demonstrated experience delivering training and facilitation required (generally a minimum of 5 years);
- Significant demonstrated experience designing workshops for adult learners, including needs assessments, learning objectives, and measurement and evaluation (generally a minimum of 5 years);
- Significant demonstrated experience facilitating and applying workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion theories, practices, and pedagogies (generally a minimum of 5 years);
- Some experience designing, implementing, and evaluating organizational development solutions;
- PTD or other training credentials desired but not required;
- Coaching certification or training and experience coaching in the workplace; and
- Experience using technologies to deliver instructor-led, hybrid, and asynchronous training.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 03253z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.