Biology Department/Title III Grant
Description: TRANSFER & ARTICULATION SPECIALIST
Job Summary: New Jersey City University seeks a detail-oriented professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to join its Title III grant project team. The Transfer Articulation Specialist will be responsible for developing partnerships with local community colleges and STEM high schools and updating transfer guides and dual-admission and dual-enrollment agreements. The Transfer Articulation Specialist will liaise with community colleges and high schools on behalf of NJCU.
The Transfer Articulation Specialist for STEM will:
- Report to the Title III Program Director and the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Develop meaningful and strategic partnerships that result in new alliances and dual- admissions and dual-enrollment and maintain program-to-program articulations, built on existing degree and course maps.
- Remain informed of the NJCU STEM departmental major programs, learner support services, and course development.
- Coordinate the execution of appropriate agreements and communicate their progress and completion to faculty, advisors and other stakeholders on NJCU and partner campuses .
- Maintain libraries of academic policies, curriculum, standard course numbering, and statewide articulation agreements; update website to reflect this information.
- Develop resources to aid in transfer and understanding of NJCU's transfer policies that support the admissions and enrollment process.
- Deploy technology and social networking to further transfer services.
- Assess the effectiveness of services and resources, compile and summarize data, and develop findings and conclusions for grant reporting.
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or university in STEM, business, education, or another applicable field. Master's degree preferred.
- Two years of experience at an institution of higher education related to transfer and articulation initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop productive relationships with community colleges, high schools, and NJCU stakeholders.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and legal issues affecting the alignment of courses, development of partnerships, dual-enrollment and dual-admissions agreements, and transfer guides.
- Ability to plan and host events.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with diverse populations of students, faculty, professionals, and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, PeopleSoft, Blackboard, or similar productivity software and platforms.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel as necessary
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
New Jersey City University is a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus. For the health of our employees, students and visitors, smoking, vaping and tobacco use is not permitted on campus. This includes all buildings, grounds and parking lots.
CUT-OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled