- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders and members of the media to leverage advertising opportunities and media coverage in appropriate, relevant publications.
- Oversees the college brand through varied communication channels and marketing collateral, including e-newsletters, reports, annual magazine, marketing campaigns, public relations, and other communications.
- Manages and coordinates sponsorship and advertising efforts including media buys, contract negotiation and placement, and manages the college's social media platforms, channels, and college media boards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3vceDVP
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college with a Bachelor's degree in marketing, market research, or in a related field.
- Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time professional or technical experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research at a supervisory level.
- Master's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field highly preferred.
- Experience in the fields of marketing, public relations, or communications, and experience working in a non-profit or higher education environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to: develop innovative marketing strategies to promote a product or service; develop marketing plans for target population, implement direct mail programs, advertising, promotional materials, web and database marketing; create workable and efficient strategies for tracking and analyzing marketing and promotional efforts; use interactive marketing techniques such as video sharing, social networks, email marketing and blogs; use drafting, editing, and proofreading documents with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; identify a target audience and successfully reach/engage them through digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to: use on-line data resources to assess a potential market and develop a marketing plan; design, execute, and evaluate comprehensive marketing research programs using primarily Internet resources; work with macro environmental factor – demographics, economics, politics, and technology; interpret competitive analysis data-demographics, psychographics, and behavior analysis and proven ability to create data based segmented marketing projects;
- Ability to: analyze and synthesize market research data for the purpose of identifying markets; define and organize a project; create documents and written communications; write marketing and advertising copy; manage a project team; build and sustain long-term relationships with a variety of constituencies; work independently and collaboratively; multi-task; work with a diverse student population, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders; cultivate relationships that result in meaningful, long-term partnerships.
- Proven ability to: use software for spreadsheet and database analysis; use Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign, or other software proficiently; use current web software, databases and browsers including HTML (e.g., Drupal); work in a team environment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Possession of: internet research skills; oral and written English communication skills; sound judgment skills; computer skills; interpersonal skills; cross functional team leading skills; excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in composing communication for various media vehicles; self-motivation; strong project management and organizational skills.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 0800 / Pub Affairs/Comm Spec / 3
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4391 - $6000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4391 - $7945 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
- Applications received through January 3, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
Advertised: Dec 21, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/513886/senior-marketing-and-communications-specialist
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency