This job is archived
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Visiting Faculty in Marketing Entrepreneurship and Innovation
General Summary of Position:
The Marketing Entrepreneurship and Innovation Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell, invites applications for a one-year Visiting Faculty position for the 2022-23 academic year.
This visiting position is primarily in the field of marketing, with a preferred ability to teach courses in sales management to undergraduate students, in-person and on-line. This is a one-year contracted position that would be a good fit for a newly graduated PhD, an Assistant Professor without a full-time position, a strong ABD candidate, or a practitioner with significant and relevant professional experience. The primary responsibility will be to provide high quality teaching, with the opportunity to spend a year visiting in a department of a highly research-active faculty.
The MEI Department has two main areas - Marketing and Entrepreneurship - and currently delivers programs in Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. programs in both areas, including two undergraduate major concentrations, two minors, two graduate certificates, two MBA options, one MS program, and two PhD concentrations.
In addition to traditional face-to-face course offerings, UMass Lowell has a large and growing set of online courses and programs. The standard teaching load for this job is 3-4 courses per semester, depending on research activity.
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 19,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in New England. The Manning School has over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MBA or a master’s degree in closely related disciplines from an AACSB accredited institution
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
- Ph.D. degree (or ABD, all-but-dissertation) in Marketing or related areas from an AACSB accredited institution
- Ability to teach a course on Sales management, and other related marketing courses
- Significant professional experience relevant to marketing or related areas
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants is received.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please contact the University of Massachusetts Lowell Human Resources Department at [Register to View] for information regarding benefits and related employment matters or if you have any questions about the position.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter detailing teaching interests, teaching experience, and professional background
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, if available (e.g., student course evaluations, department chair reviews, teaching awards)
- Names and contact information (email addresses) for three references will be required at the time of application. (Please do not send recommendation letters.)
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.