- Actively fosters an engaging, productive and welcoming culture that actively promotes an appreciation for inclusion and social justice issues in a diverse campus community; applies an equity lens in all facets of work to advance the goals of the university;
- Partners with campus leaders to develop and implement systems that monitor progress, assess effectiveness and outcomes of campus- wide initiatives, including the university's Road Map to the Future planning efforts, GI 2025 Student Success initiatives, enrollment planning, status as a Minority Serving Institution (i.e., HSI, AANAPISI, and other institutional designations and certifications), and other initiatives related to university-wide effectiveness reporting, accreditation, and student academic progress;
- Compiles, analyzes, and disseminates quantitative data on facets of the university and related educational issues, including areas such as institutional characteristics, enrollment, student persistence and retention, student transfer activities, enrollment projections, graduation, equity gaps, other student performance indicators;
- Provides leadership and oversight for institutional planning, assessment, evaluation strategies, trend analysis for environmental scanning, and accreditation processes;
- Ensures that meaningful, appropriate/accurate data and supporting documentation is available to meet the decision-making needs of all university divisions and colleges;
- Develops and implements a system for institutional strategic planning and scanning, and assists in coordinating the annual assessment and planning with Deans and Academic Affairs senior leadership;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive system for assessing effectiveness of College programs and services, including surveys, national tests, data reports, secondary data sources, qualitative and quantitative analyses, and research designs in order to make recommendations for institutional improvements;
- Develops and coordinates systems of academic program reviews;
- Serves as the University's Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) to the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and supports college program professional accreditation activities;
- Conducts special projects/studies to address decision-making needs of campus leadership;
- Serves as a resource for faculty-based assessment efforts in curriculum development and student learning outcomes;
- Other duties as assigned;
Doctorate degree with specialization in education, statistical analysis, research methodology, social sciences, or related field, or any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position. At least five years of progressively responsible academic administrative experience (including staff supervision) in assessment, program evaluation, quantitative and qualitative research methods, research design, and statistical analysis in a higher education setting. Demonstrated experience developing and communicating equity-minded decision making, inclusive excellence, and student success; demonstrated record of achievement in working within a diverse community of students, faculty and staff; knowledgeable about university policies for collecting, managing, and distributing institutional data; demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other units in the division, and other divisions across the university; demonstrated ability to serve effectively as a member of an academic administrative team; demonstrated management and organizational skills; ability to handle several projects simultaneously; excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to deal discreetly, effectively and confidentially with sensitive student issues; demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access required. Retreat rights as a tenured faculty member at advanced rank may be considered, in alignment with CSU policy, if eligible.
Salary/Benefits: Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
Applications received through December 1, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
In order to be considered in the initial review, applications must be submitted prior to the date listed above. Application submissions received after the initial review date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
Effective Date of Appointment: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the status of candidates who apply for the position.
The person holding this position will be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Conflict of Interest
This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at [Register to View] .
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/520563/associate-vice-president-of-analytics-and-institutional-effectiveness
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency