- Addressing complaints and investigations: Coordinate and assist with meetings, investigating and responding to Title IX, Discrimination/Harassment/Retaliation (DHR), Whistleblower (WB), Whistleblower Retaliation (WBR), and implicit bias. Conduct investigations and written responses for complaints filed by employees, students, and third parties, and respond to requests from state and/or federal agencies as it pertains to relevant CSU Executive Orders.
- Training: Develop, organize, and facilitate Title IX, Clery, CANRA, WB/WBR, non-discrimination, harassment, prevention, retaliation prevention training and disability-related training activities for all constituencies of the University community. Assist in coordinating and responding to state and federally mandated prevention online training relevant to the Office of Equity & Diversity (Clery, Title IX, DHR, CANRA, etc.)
- Clery: Coordinate Clery compliance efforts across campus with administrative stakeholders, including off campus locations like the Lancaster University Center, to ensure Clery Compliance. Coordinate the Annual Security Report, California Safety Report, and Campus Security Authority designation and training with Employee Relations and University Police. Manage the Clery Committee.
- Title IX/DHR/WB/WBR: Manage Title IX, DHR, WB/WBR Work Groups, trainings and compliance requirements as outlined in respective CSU Executive Orders. Manage mandatory campus notifications, publications, and training materials. Prepare cases and Parties for creating Supportive Measures, run campus safety assessments with CARES/UPD/BIT, negotiate Informal Resolutions, and prepare documents and Parties for Title IX Hearings.
- Office of Equity & Diversity Email Accounts/Databases/Online Trainings/Subpoenas: Monitor, manage and maintain general email accounts, faculty and case management databases, assist with questions related to online compliance trainings, and process campus subpoenas.
- Delegate for Diversity-Related Initiatives & Committees: Serve as a delegate member for the Office of Equity & Diversity regarding diversity related initiatives and committees. Provide presentations and requested work product for campus committees, including the Title IX/DHR and Clery Work Groups.
- Reports: Assist with the coordination of the IPEDS and VETS-100 annual reports and other types of reports required under Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act and under the Presidential Executive Order 11246, as amended. Assist with the management of Clery Compliance, including assist with Annual Security Report (ASR), Campus Safety Reports, and maintain Campus Security Authority delegation and trainings.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with an ethnically and culturally diverse university community. Familiarity with federal and state equal employment, disability, and family medical leave law and regulations, including Title V, Title II, Title VII, Title IX, and Sections 503, 504, and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act; all pertinent sections of the Americans Disabilities Act; and federally mandated affirmative action plans under the US Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract and Compliance Programs. Ability to effectively manage a large case load and prioritize deadlines for projects and mandated requirements.
Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Master's degree or JD preferred.
Equity & Diversity
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month, and excellent choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance, educational fee waiver, and retirement benefits.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application. Examination prior to interview will be conducted: written test & short essay.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Due to the nature of this position, current CSULB employees are subject to a criminal record check unless they have successfully completed a criminal background check through CSULB within the past 12 months.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
Application Closes: Sep 20, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/517761/equity-diversity-manager
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-23720ead7e5ca747b990c7ea8892b1a7