This job is archived
IOWA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
E-Resources and Instruction Librarian
Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking candidates to fill the position of E-Resources and Instruction Librarian. This is a full-time, exempt staff position that will serve as the administrator of the library services platform (OCLC WorldShare Management); work cooperatively with the campus IT Services department to ensure continuous access to e-resources; maintain and manage the library web site, serve as collection development librarian and liaison to all divisions; provide information literacy instruction and fulfill other duties as assigned; work specified hours providing service at the library’s information desk including some evenings and weekends; maintain and document annual professional development and scholarly activities appropriate for this position.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop learning objects, videos, and tutorials to enhance information literacy/research skills and access to library resources
- Incorporate library and OER resources, develop learning materials and participate in academic curriculum/program design across the University
- Troubleshoot access and technical issues with library resources in courses
- Deliver one-shot and integrated information literacy sessions
- Track and report on e-resource usage data for university annual reports as well as annual reporting to IPEDS, ACRL and consortia
- Work with student workers to use and maintain Interlibrary Loan through OCLC/WorldCat
- Provide technical support to users for presentation and AV software and hardware within the library
- Manage user settings and licenses for the library’s Google Chromebooks
- Maintain awareness of trends and on-going developments in areas related to the entire life cycle of e-resources
- Create and maintain detailed, accurate documentation for electronic resources and communicates this with the library team
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- American Library Association-accredited master’s degree in Library Science
- Familiarity with library specific information systems and technologies, such as integrated library systems, and content management systems
- Commitment and demonstrated ability to cooperate in a team environment and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with all campus personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a strong service orientation
- Demonstrated commitment to public service, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to work nights and weekends on a rotating schedule
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/careers.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee needs further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.