Woodbury University invites applications for a Library Public Services Coordinator. The Library Public Services Coordinator position reports to the University Librarian and oversees the programs, services and resources for the San Diego Library. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the San Diego branch Library; coordinates the employment of students in the San Diego Library. In collaboration with the library faculty, provides general research assistance and instruction in library use to support program outcomes.
This position qualifies University sponsored employee benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick, and paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and conditions of each plan and program.
- Perform full range of circulation desk duties (e.g. checking materials in and out, renewing materials, dealing with billing issues). Answer patron questions related to policies and procedures.Assist patrons in the use of library services, facilities and equipment.
- Manage InterLibrary Loan functions for the San Diego campus community.
- Process and maintain course reserves materials.
- Check in and maintain serials collection; process serials invoices.
- Participate in collection evaluation and development.
- Coordinate the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation of student workers. Schedule student workers.
- Communicate with Financial Aid regarding students' work-study awards. Verify and approve student employee timesheets.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance and facility maintenance.
- Prepare reports; gather and maintain library statistics.
- Assist with the processing of new materials and donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A two year college degree (AA or AS) in any field required.
- Two years of related library experience required; three years preferred.
- Ability to handle public contacts with tact, courtesy, patience and firmness.
- Ability to work independently without supervision in a fast-paced environment; ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to delegate tasks responsibly and oversee their completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, calendaring software, and standard office equipment; ability to learn new applications such as WMS.
- Subject background in Library Science.
- Subject background in Architecture, Art or Design.
- General knowledge of scholarly research methods in an academic environment.
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Manual hand/fingers dexterity.
- Combination of sedentary work, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
- Simple to complex reading, writing, clerical and math skills.
- Analysis, perception/comprehension and judgment/decision making ability.
APPLICATION: Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Expected start date is mid-August. Submissions must include:
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment history
All application materials must be submitted through the Woodbury University Job Board. Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.