- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from an American Library Association-accredited program. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the degree by July 1, 2021.
- Work experience as a librarian or information professional.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at teaching information literacy skills and/or lifelong learning concepts.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at providing research assistance.
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- A degree in one (or more) of the following disciplines: Business, Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing.
- Experience as an academic librarian in one or more of the following disciplines: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Legal Studies in Business, Management and Human Resources Management, and/or Marketing.
- Demonstrated potential to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion under the library's criteria for professional performance, research, scholarship and service.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, select, and review information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs.
- Provide in-person and online reference services at a service-oriented and all-purpose reference desk for approximately 6 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Provide library instruction and consultation services to the students and faculty of the College of Business (i.e. Accountancy, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Legal Studies in Business, Management & Human Resources Management, and Marketing), and the Department of Economics.
- Serve as the Library's subject specialist for the specified departments in the College of Business and Department of Economics, which includes evaluating, selecting, developing, and reviewing information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs.
- Collaborate closely with all departments on collection issues including Technical Services, Access Services and the E-Resources Coordinator.
- Work closely with subject librarians and other members of the University community as appropriate.
- Engage in library and university governance including professional performance, research, scholarly and creative activities required for tenure and promotion.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Lettter of application addressing the Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae (including current email address)
- Names and contact information for three references
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
- A signed SC-1 form
- Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references, and
- An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Electronic submissions are highly encouraged. All application materials should be sent as a single PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Tenure-Track Business Librarian Search Committee
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-1901
[Register to View] and/or email@example.com
Review of applications to begin December 4, 2020
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit https://www.csulb.edu/academic-affairs/faculty-affairs/senior-assistant-librarian-business-full-time-12-month-2628
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency