- An MLS from an ALA accredited library school/institution (or equivalent) is required by the time of appointment. Anticipated start dates are Summer/Fall 2023.
- Demonstrated commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with instruction, information literacy, and student learning outcomes.
- Documentation of strong public service orientation and knowledge of or experience with reference service and research consultation.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with trends in librarianship and scholarly communication.
- Experience working in an academic library environment.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of design and delivery of instruction using a range of modalities, approaches, and technologies.
- Proficiency in multiple modes of reference service and research consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a complex, changing environment.
- Subject knowledge or experience in natural sciences, mathematics, computer science, social sciences, health sciences and/or human services.
- Experience working with government information or maps and aerial photographs.
- Experience with outreach programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, applicants should submit all application materials by the review date. The committee may elect to review applications submitted after this date. All positions automatically close on March 31, 2023. Apply online at http://careers.fresnostate.edu
Application Review Date: Saturday, November 26, 2022
Attach the following:
- Cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
- Statement describing your past and planned contributions towards promoting an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment.
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit by mail/e-mail within the designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
- Official transcripts
- Reference Letters
Search Chair: David Drexler
About Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students' intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University's commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, visit: http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The campus is ranked 36th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges. The campus is classified as an R2 “Doctoral Universities - High research activities” university per Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University's Probationary Plan Process. For additional information, please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/academics/facultyaffairs/procedures/facultyrtp/. We value our commitment to the success of our faculty by providing services from the Center for Faculty Excellence to Research and Sponsored Programs.
The Fresno State campus sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokuts and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn, or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a "limited reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
To apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/520407/public-services-librarian-senior-assistant-librarian
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency