Library System & Electronic Resources Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
Library System & Electronic Resources Coordinator
Job No: 518320
Work Type: Staff
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Full Time, Library
This position is responsible for the overall administration, daily operations, and management, as well as the integrity of the content (metadata) of the CSULB component of the Integrated Library System (ILS), known colloquially as Alma. It is one of the designated ULMS Certified General System Administrators (3 at CSULB) and has a lead role for other Certified General System Administrators with a concentration on the Alma system as a whole. The CSULB instance is one of the 23 components of the Unified Library Management System (ULMS), the joint system to which all 23 campuses belong to. In addition, this position is responsible for the administration, organization and management of the Library's electronic resources (research databases, e-book packages, streaming media packages, etc.).
- After the transition to the ILS/ULMS, assume daily responsibility for new system. This will include:
- Being responsible for the data inside the ILS/ULMS itself on an ongoing basis. This could be from coordinating from internal copy-cataloging, or from other CSU entities, but this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the information contained in the ILS/ULMS system.
- Maintaining all updates to the ILS/ULMS system whether from inside the CSULB Library, vendors, or the Chancellor's Office.
- Act as main point of communication between the CSULB Library and ExLibris as well as the Chancellor's Office.
- Coordinating with many other library units and entities including Technical Services, Cataloging, Access Services, Librarians, as well as system-wide groups and entities responsible for their campus instances of the ILS/ULMS.
- Serve as Electronic Resources Manager for the CSULB Library. This includes:
- Manage, organize, coordinate, and be responsible for all the electronic resource databases and ancillary electronic resources subscribed to, and/or utilized by the CSULB Library.
- Working with the Library's WebGroup to ensure seamless display of these resources to the public.
- Serving as main point of contact with all vendors of databases to ensure service is maintained and problems are solved with the utmost speed.
- Serving as main point of contact with the Chancellor's Office for anything related to ERM, in terms of subscriptions, consortial agreements, consortial responsibilities, and anything else related to ERM management.
Ability to work independently. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a related field and four years of related experience required.
Five (5) years of experience working in an academic library. Experience working with metadata (cataloging), MARC records, Innovative Systems (Millennium), and ExLibris systems.
Licenses / Certificates
M.L.I.S. and ExLibris Alma Training Certification Training preferred.
Library Technical Services
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
The targeted salary may be set as high as $6,000 per month based on experience. The salary range for this classification is $4,693 to $8,489 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for one (1) year with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSULB Online Employment Application.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
California State University Long Beach is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html. Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at [Register to View] .
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to COVID19-Staff-Info@csulb.edu.
Out of State Employment Policy
California State University, Long Beach, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees upon date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Application Closes: Sep 26, 2022 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/518320/library-system-electronic-resources-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-e95ba968749b9b4492e54cdc592c1996