- Evaluate and assess all functions of the payroll process.
- Keep up to date with changes in payroll laws and regulations along with any reporting requirement changes.
- Audit and make necessary adjustments for faculty loads/overloads, ORP, TDA, and/or benefits as directed by HR and other miscellaneous deductions or revisions.
- Review and respond to garnishment orders promptly.
- Provide accrued leave balance information to HR in determining workers' compensation, personal leave, and extended sick leave eligibility.
- Process payroll using Excel spreadsheets and balance with PeopleSoft.
- Prepare required monthly reports to TRS using the TRaQS reporting system and submit funds via TEXNET.
- Prepare required monthly ORP payment requests and submit them in a timely manner.
- Send necessary report for OBRA processing.
- Process quarterly TWC reports and submit them using online software.
- Prepare and process all end-of-year reports as required and requested by supervisor, state agencies, and auditors.
- Maintain Sick Leave Bank.
- Prepare and submit Bureau of Labor Statistics report on a monthly basis.
- Complete job verifications and wage reports as requested by various agencies.
- Responsible for oversight of the JanTek timecard and attendance system.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Human Resources and fellow employees with questions concerning payroll processes and procedures.
- Manage the Payroll office in the Payroll Managers' absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Five (5) years of payroll experience
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (emphasis on spreadsheets) and Microsoft Word
- Must have excellent analysis and assessment skills
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, schedule form
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent attendance is required to meet semi-monthly payroll and various other deadlines
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work closely with other departmental employees
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Associate’s (or higher) degree in Business or Accounting
- One (1) year of Accounting experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7177
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency