Child Development Instructor (2022)
For full details and to apply, go to https://jobs.miracosta.edu/postings/2952
Type of Assignment:
Position Available: MiraCosta College’s Child Development Department invites applications for one equity-minded, full-time (10 months per year), tenure-track faculty position beginning in August 2022. Principal responsibilities include teaching a variety of child development courses, both online and on-ground; creating, reviewing, developing and evaluating courses, certificates and programs in collaboration with colleagues; integrating current research to demonstrate culturally responsive teaching strategies promoting student success; participating on local and state committees related to services and/or advocacy for children and families; participating in the development, assessment and evaluation of student learning outcomes. The person selected will share leadership roles with other full-time instructors in coordinating and developing curriculum and using culturally-responsive pedagogical techniques. MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Compensation: Initial salary placement is based on education and experience and ranges from $79,588 (class I, step 1) to $133,238 (class VI-doctorate, step 10) on the 2022-2023 Annual Salary Schedule. To view the Full-Time Faculty Salary Schedule, please go to https://www.miracosta.edu/hr/_docs/2022-2023%20FT%20Faculty%20Salary%20Schedule.pdf Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; and other optional coverages. Faculty members are also covered under the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master’s degree in Child Development (CD); Early Childhood Education (ECE); Human Development; Home Economics/Family and Consumer Studies with a specialization in CD/ECE; Educational Psychology with a specialization in CD/ECE; or Human Development and Psychology [an approved comparable degree at MiraCosta College]; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the majors listed above or in Family & Consumer Sciences: Child Development and Family Studies [an approved comparable degree at MiraCosta College] AND a Master’s degree in Bilingual/Bicultural Education; Educational Supervision; Elementary Education; Family and Consumer Studies; Family Life Studies; Life Management/Home Economics; Psychology; Social Work; Special Education; or Education (Elementary Curriculum and Instruction) [an approved comparable degree at MiraCosta College]; OR
3. the equivalent. Applicants who do not possess the EXACT degree major(s) required to meet the minimum qualifications must attach an equivalency narrative and supporting documentation at the time of application. Instructions can be found at https://www.miracosta.edu/governance/equivalency-committee/_docs/equivalency-instructions.pdf; OR
4. a fully satisfied, lifetime California Community College credential authorizing instruction/service in the appropriate subject matter; AND
5. demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is Tuesday, February 1, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an educational environment that affirms and supports diversity in its faculty, staff, and administration, and promoting an environment of inclusion. The college’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is expressed in the policy found at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf, and in MiraCosta College’s Institutional Values found at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/_docs/mccvalues.pdf.
The college was designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) in 2013. This designation reflects the great responsibility that MiraCosta has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. We are a veteran and military supportive institution and an Achieving the Dream Leader College. The successful candidate will join a campus that exhibits its dedication to all students and faculty through offering robust, culturally-responsive events, including speaker series dedicated to heritage month events through the Social Justice and Equity Center.
Human Resources Contact Information: email@example.com or [Register to View]
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California's 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-41e7d71fd3a84a4aafa0091993fd4556