Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ Dodge City Community College provides a student-centered learning environment where students can achieve their educational, personal, and career goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the DC3 comprehensive recruitment strategic plan.
- Supervise the Admissions Representative and Assist with coordination of the DC3 Ambassadors.
- Work with all service area high schools to develop a positive working relationship and implement strategies to enhance the DC3 presence on service area high school campuses.
- Assist with the development of recruitment materials, facilitation of special events, presentations and the advising of new students for enrollment.
- Assist with the development of recruitment strategies for the lifelong learner and non-traditional college students.
- Visit students at their high schools for presentations, individual counseling, college fairs and other recruitment related events.
- Coordinate and implement creative methods of recruiting prospective students as needed (examples include contacting prospective students who have applied to DC3 but not yet enrolled).
- Assist with recruitment efforts for the Adult Learning Center including their enrollments and transitioning students from the Adult Learning Center.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all admissions events, including but not limited to: campus tours, visit days (such as Junior and Senior Day), enrollment days, and community functions.
- Assist in the development of program brochures, web-site, displays, posters, radio and TV advertisements, and other recruitment materials.
- Required to deliver quality presentations through public speaking at events and through other media channels.
- Develop and assist with any special multi-cultural recruitment programs, especially those targeting 1st generation college students or other under represented populations.
- Assist with office duties during peak enrollment times when necessary and collaborate with other team members to cover student affairs stations when needed.
- Assist in covering the front desk/switchboard as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extended morning and evening hours, overnight travel and weekend work will be required.
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer skills (database management, e-mail, word processing).
- Available for occasional overnight travel and early morning or evening work.
- Demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Superior presentation skills
- Obtain and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in Student Services, recruitment, student advising, sales, marketing communications, counseling and or multi-cultural programs.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous higher education experience in Admissions, Marketing or a closely related field.
Physical Requirements: With or without assistance
- Able to lift and/or carry displays and materials up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and sit in a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Stretching, bending, stooping and kneeling is required to set up and tear down displays.
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to speak clearly and audibly to students in person, on the phone, or address an audience.