The Student Affairs Coordinator is responsible for providing support and resources to new students and families of undergraduate students including coordinating Family Weekend, NSCs in Español, the Aggie Family Member database and other programs specific to New Student Conferences.
• Manages, leads, and provides feedback to staff working in New Student & Family Programs. Assists in the development of strategic planning, goals, and assessment.
• Directly oversees the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff supervised. Supervises Student Development Specialist II, Practicum Students/Interns, and Student Employees. Fills in as needed for the Assistant Director (Director, New Student and Family
• Plans, oversees, and provides leadership (oversight and guidance) for designated programs that provide support and resources to new students and families of undergraduate students. This includes Family Weekend, designated parts of New Student Conferences, and other
transition and retention initiatives. Includes coordination and evaluation of new and existing parent and family programming during the New Student Conferences such as coordination of first generation family programs and NSCs in Español initiatives; planning and development
of family engagement activities; exploration, coordination and evaluation of new initiatives for parent and family programming outside of the New Student Conference; coordination of assessment for new student conferences and family communication; management of Aggie Family Member database and registration processes.
• Assists with the development and implementation of office-wide programs, including New Student Conferences, Howdy Week, and other new orientation, transition, and retention initiatives. Evening and weekend work and/or travel may be required. Will be required to drive a University or other motor vehicle to perform this duty.
• Promotes and supports diversity in programming, student leadership, and staffing.
• Oversees the Parent and Family Communication Plan, which includes the Family Calendar, Parent & Family Handbook, Family newsletter, Family Programs Website,
family webinars and webchats.
• Creates content and manages logistics and data for family member database and communication tool.
• Responsible for Family Programs budget, fund allocation, and revenue generation. Ensures compliance of credit card sales and revenue generation.
• Provides managerial and budgetary support to NSFP staff so they can plan, develop, implement, and manage programs and activities to serve incoming students and
• Serves on University, Division of Student Affairs and Department committees and task forces, as assigned, which includes membership in the on-going New Student Conference Committee.
• Maintains an active role in professional associations and organizations related to Parent and Family Programs and orientation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.